Friday, March 5, 2010

Limealicious

No the title of this post is not referring to a new Fergie song, which would be hilarious especially if she incorporated Sonic into somehow, it is actually the size of our baby right now - A LIME!! To top that off I think I am getting a bit of a bump!! Not too big, mind you, but I can't suck this in like I usually can!! For some reason I am still in denial. Robbie can't understand that when I am dizzy, nauseous, and only wanting to eat Doritos for all three meals I am attributing it to something I ate. I have got to just accept that I am pregnant. I wish we had someway to look inside, on a daily or weekly basis, just to ensure something is still going on in there. I feel like crap and that should be indication enough but I need a little reassurance!!

Nothing too crazy happened this week. People at work have started calling me "mommy". I don't respond initially and then I realize, "oh crap they are talking to me". That is a little weird.

I think this week people are starting to wonder what is going on, those that don't know of course. I am definitely "rounding out" a bit. I don't look all that pregnant it just looks like I have eaten one too many donuts - which believe me I haven't. I find this extremely frustrating. Having lost a ton of weight, somewhat recently, and adopted a new lifestyle of consistent running and working out I am frustrated. I simply can't do it right now. I am exhausted. Robbie says, "people understand". I don't think they do. I would love to run everyday. I would love to be one of those tiny people that when they get pregnant it is all in their belly like a basketball. I'm not like that. I am, by genetic code, a fat ass. I am going to get fat with this baby. I am watching what I eat and trying to build up the energy to do a 30 minute yoga tape but sometimes I can't. I wish I could wear a sign that says, "I'm trying the best I can but this child is sucking the life and energy out of me so leave me alone" - does anyone know where I can get one of these? Then I think, "dena, you are just being lazy!" I don't honestly know the answer to this question. I have long history of laziness that allowed me to blossom to over 200lbs at some point in my life. This was also combined with frequent trips to Carl's Jr. I don't feel that way right now. I do make frequent trips to Chikfila right now because I am obsessed with grilled chicken sandwiches (only 5 weight watcher points by the way). I don't want to become the size of a house but if I do, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

Anyway, rant over (for now). So this week I continued my search for maternity clothes. I really don't care for shopping in general and having to shop for clothes in anticipation of my growing waistline is less than exciting. I decided to turn to EBay and I did alright. I was able to get 8 pants and 12 shirts for $80. No too bad. They arrived yesterday in a Huggies diaper box - how appropriate right. I think I will be able to use probably 3 pairs of jeans and 11 of the shirts - still not too bad. Maternity clothes are awful and there is no way I am paying $30 or $40 for new clothes that I will wear less than 9 months!! I am planning on adding some pics of the items that did not make the cut - think acid wash tapered capri pants (they are lovely!).

So, the first trimester is coming to an end - this is the last week!! I am super excited. We have a doctors appointment on Friday and I am really hoping the MD dopplers the heart beat for Robbie to hear. I found a website where you can rent your own home doppler by the month. I almost busted out the debit card right then and there but decided I am just going to leave it up to mother nature - she seems to know what she is doing!

I added some pics for an 11 week belly shot and those fabulous Ebay pants!

3 comments:

  1. I actually like the khaki capri pants! They look good. Those first pair of jeans though... hrmmmm... ;) Chica, of course you don't have the energy to work 10 hr days then go to the gym or do yoga. Your body is trying to get used to being an incubator. When things ease up in a couple weeks we'll go do the yoga classes :) Or maybe rent some prenatal yoga DVD from Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you like the khaki pants??? You really are a weirdo aren't you. There is no way you will ever catch me in those things! They are spandex for goodness sakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tell people to leave you the h---- alone. Seriously. You eat what you want and you do what you want. You have worked hard and now your body is working hard to make a baby - no additional movement required. I say you do what you can, when you can. You and the lime are fabulous and you should know it! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete