Sunday, March 28, 2010

When life gives you lemons...

Most would say, "you make lemonade". I say, thank you!! Our little baby is the size of a lemon this week. This week it has made his/her own fingerprints and if it is a girl already has 2 million eggs in her ovaries!!! I am already worried about teenage pregnancy! It's head is getting a little more proportional to it's body, which is making me feel better about delivery day :). Hopefully in the next few weeks we will be able to feel it move. Many second time moms say they felt their baby around this time but I don't know what to look for. I have odd sensations like gas but not quite gas that could be it. Sometimes I feel a little tickle in my belly so maybe that's it but I don't know. I know I will feel better when it is moving, because then I won't have to worry everyday if everything is alright. For someone who is a complete control freak, this is way too out of my control!

So, the jig is basically up at work. Everyone seems to know. For some reason I haven't told hardly any of the doctors yet. I don't know why. I think part of the reason is there really isn't a good time to spill the beans. The conversation would go like this: Doctor: "Dena is that discharge plan in place yet?" Dena: "Of course and I'm pregnant". A little awkward. I feel like I want to tell some of them that were so excited about my weight loss because I can tell they are looking at my like, "I knew it wouldn't last". I wanna be like, "No really I'm not fat I'm pregnant. This time it isn't my fault!". I am sure they will find out eventually.

So, this marks the official end of the first trimester. Rumor has it our chances of something bad happening are greatly decreased and my MD has cleared me to try to run. I feel like my body and my baby aren't ready for that yet. I say this because, in addition to the normal pregnancy feelings, I seem to have really bad allergies or a head cold. I am hoping for the allergies. Nonetheless, running won't be occurring tomorrow as planned. Prior to feeling crappy from the allergy thing I was getting more energy back and I actually worked out a couple of times this week. Felt good to get back in the swing of things. Last weekend we had plans to go swimming but I put on my swim suit and I looked like an overstuffed sausage. That didn't help. So, I am anxiously awaiting my maternity tentini - should arrive soon! Then, I will get my swim on!

I am hoping to post some pics so you can decide for yourself if I have a real baby bump or just a cinnamon toast crunch (which I have been hooked on for the last 2 weeks - that and pineapple) induced belly.

UPDATE: the bookshelves are in the process of being scattered strategically throughout the house. Once that room is cleared out we will start baby stuff collecting!! Less than six months to go!! YIKES!!

Also, I wasn't able to attend Robbie's half marathon because I wasn't feeling well and standing out in the cold for 3-4 hours didn't exactly sound like the best idea for the baby while I'm sick. Nonetheless, I know he did great and I am so blessed to have him in my life. He keeps me motivated to stay healthy and make the best decisions for our family. He is an amazing man!! I love you!

New pics of 14 weeks posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment