Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just Peachy

Alright, you guessed it Boggie is the size of a peach these days. I can't believe how fast they grow it was only yesterday we were celebrating his first graduation from embryo to fetus...how time flies! So, we are approaching the 13th week - only 1 week away from the end of the first trimester!!! I can't believe it. What I can't believe even more is that I have popped. My belly has a bit of a baby bump now and people are noticing. My favorite this week was the person that asked me if I was losing weight. Really?? I wanted so badly to say yes but I am pretty sure they were fishing for me to say something. Or the other that stared long and hard at my stomach and said, "so anything new with you?" I replied, "not really". Just kidding I told them! How could I not tell? I am still really excited. My favorite is the person that said, "do you think you could be having twins?" Oddly enough it was the same person that asked if I had been losing weight. Whatever.

This week marked a new milestone. Because I am beginning to show people have been reaching for my stomach unprovoked. My bump is small people. I could pass as someone that has eaten too many burritos still but that doesn't stop 'em. I had two unauthorized belly rubs this week. TWO! For someone that doesn't like their personal space invaded at all - this was disturbing. I didn't and won't stop them (to be nice) but I assure you it was weird.

This week Robbie and I conquered Babies R Us! We went in with our book of rated baby items, looked at the stuff most highly rated, took some notes, and left! We didn't buy a single thing and we left feeling a bit better about all the stuff we will have to purchase soon. I am finding that Babies R Us does have a lot of stuff but it isn't all rated that great in the areas of quality and safety. That's a little frustrating. I wish stuff that has been recalled a million times and has a history of poor safety ratings wasn't allowed to be sold at places like Babies R Us. Sell it at Wal-mart where most of their stuff is junk anyway and put a big label that says "BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS CRAP." That would be way too easy wouldn't it?

Being pregnant has been a pretty bizarre experience so far, I must say. I am excited, scared, worried, thrilled, concerned, and gassy all the same time. I think I will feel better once I can feel baby Boggie move. I still feel like crap and my belly is growing so I have to assume things are progressing right along (plus Robbie promised they are and his promises are worth their weight in gold). I read somethings that say some women can feel their babies at this time (13 weeks). So, I lay in bed, perfectly still, focused on my belly and what is going on. Mostly I just feel gas. The other thing that is hard to deal with is the fact that I no longer have control over anything that is going on in my body. The baby controls everything and I am having trouble with that thought. It really isn't working well with my schedule, to be honest. I have to work. I have to work-out. I have to sleep. None of these things have I been able to do for the last 8 weeks or so at 100%. I find that mildly irritating. Please don't think that all my complaining is because I hate being pregnant. That is not the case. I am glad I am able to grow a baby and I can't wait until he or she is in this world for us to spoil. I just find the whole morning sickness, fatigue, constipation, diarrhea thing inconvenient. I think that movie, The Inconvenient Truth, should have been about pregnancy and children. Just a thought Al Gore for your next documentary!

So, next week - magic 14! I will post pics of this enormous belly (enormous to me). Next week I will also be cheering Robbie on at his 4th half marathon!! Hopefully the roles will be reversed next year this time!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so first I love the fruit references. It is very reminiscent of Em Turner being preggers. I am sorry that it is so draining. For people like you and me that love a consistent schedule, it sounds like pregnancy totally tears that up. But you will endure, I know it! You are good to try to find the more economical way to buy all your stuff. That stuff is crazy expensive! I miss you - I hope that we can get together or at least chat together soon. Touch Boggie for me (if you want to) and give hugs to Robbie. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave him a special belly rub from auntie Erin!!

    ReplyDelete