Saturday, March 13, 2010

Plum-tastic

Yep, you guessed it - Boggie is the size of a large plum this week and we are approaching the end of our 12th week (tomorrow)! I am an idiot and thought this was the end of the first trimester. I couldn't understand why I wasn't feeling better when my loving husband kindly reminded me the first trimester doesn't end until week 14. How does he know that? Well, he has been reading the books. Books I haven't been reading and now must force myself to pick-up.

We had our check-up on Friday and things seem to be moving right along. The MD was doubtful that we would be able to hear the heartbeat so I was worried - another 4 weeks of not knowing how things were going would be horrendous. Fortunately, right when she was going to give up she found it!!! It was pretty strong and fast - 160's. Robbie heard it too so I know I didn't make it up! Boggie is still going strong. My mom says with a heart beat that strong and fast it must be girl. Who knows. Some weeks Robbie and I are boy focused and other weeks we find ourselves looking at all the little dresses. Let's be honest all the clothes are cute when they are that tiny!

So, the only real news this week, other than the the doctor visit, is that I have had a near death experience. It was life changing (not really but they are supposed to be right?). ATTENTION TMI ALERT: I was in the shower bending over to shave my legs and I stood up normally and turned around toward the shower head. At this point I became lightheaded and fell backwards out of the tub. I grabbed the shower curtain knowing that my growing body was going to take it down with me, it was my only chance at survival. Luckily, the shower curtain held steadfast! I was able to pull myself up and resume the bathing process. During this process I did scream, however, Robbie was in the shower upstairs and was unable to hear my desperate plea for help. This lightheaded issue was discussed with my OB and she said it isn't uncommon. Wonderful. She recommended I make changes in position slowly and be more careful - something to do with the increased blood flow and the shifting of blood. It's irritating. Another suggestion was to get an old lady (no offense if you own one) shower chair??? I'm pregnant not Benjamin Button (in reverse of course). I guess safety should always come first and I am willing to install a TEMPORARY safety bar.

This week, Robbie and I also began our discussions about the nursery. This issue has been left unresolved. It became heated and I was instructed we would talk about it later - that means 3 or 4 months from now. Let's take a poll shall we? The babies room will be, what was, Robbie's office. We have moved everything but these HUGE, OMINOUS, OVER-POWERING, SCARY bookcases out of the office and downstairs to a new and improved shared office space. My request is that we find a place to relocate the bookshelves as well out of fear they will fall on the baby or at least emotionally intimidate it into having a complex. Which, let's be honest, it will probably have anyway and I don't want to exacerbate the issue. Okay, so those of you that choose to, vote on this issue in the comments section. Should we relocate the bookshelves to an alternate location in the house or leave them in the nursery with the tiny, cute, soft, and easy crushed under the weight of 1000lbs of philosophy and science fiction books baby?

2 comments:

  1. I do not know the construction of said bookshelves to make an accurate decision. It does make more sense to have a bookshelf filled with just books (instead of being used for other storage) might be better in an office if there was appropriate space there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I know what you were talking about when you mentioned the debate question. They did not fall on tiny little old me (ha) as I slept in there but they do take up most of the room. Could they be relocated to the downstairs office? Or maybe along the wall in the dining area? Who knows. I can see where you are concerned. Have they fallen before though? They may be okay till you can find something else to do with them. I know that's not a definite answer. I guess I will say that if you can move them, then do it. :)

    ReplyDelete