Thursday, February 25, 2010

Almost 10 weeks...:)

Does anyone know if they lengthened the hours in a day and the days in a standard week? I feel like it's been two weeks since Monday and I haven't had more than 3 hours sleep - too tired to even watch reality TV!!!!! I need an intervention!

So, I couldn't wait until our next appointment to update everyone on how things are going. Bottom line things pretty much suck. I feel like crap, I get short of breath walking from one hallway at work to another, and I can barely hold my eyes open long enough for the 9 hours I am at work - this baby making is tough stuff! You can read all the books you want and mentally "prepare" yourself as much as possible but you can never be prepared for how you will feel. I think this is because everyone handles pregnancy differently. Some people may coast through with no problems and others may be in the hospital hooked up to IV poles because they throw-up every time they think of food. I am falling somewhere in the middle. One day this week I did have an odd surge of energy after work and I capitalized on it by going for a walk!! It felt really good. Too bad that surge didn't last long and I was asleep by 8pm again. Those two hours of feeling normal were worth it! Setting aside the nausea, fatigue, headaches, and dizziness I am also having some major emotional mood swings. Here is an example of how crazy one can become while trying to create a child - I dropped the soap in the shower 3x in a row and I broke down in an emotional meltdown. Today at work I was sitting at my desk and I just busted into tears for like 1 minute and then I was laughing! I literally feel like Sally Field in that movie Sybil. Robbie seems to be handling it pretty well...he seems to handle a lot pretty well I must say.

So, this week we actually attended our first pregnancy class. It was designed for those women in their first trimester and, of course, we were the only couple there in our first trimester but whatever. It was fun. We talked about nutrition, exercise, relaxation, feelings, constipation - it was fabulous! The best part was Robbie being able to try on an empathy suit!! It had a real belly and huge boobs!! I am hoping to post some pics below for your viewing enjoyment.

We also did a bit of consignment shopping this weekend and today, at Ross not really consignment, Robbie bought the cutest little yellow ducky bathrobe you will ever see. I am certain it isn't practical but it is so cute. We also found a little sleeper that I fell in love with and had to have - 1.99 at the consignment store!! We are trying not to buy very much but sometimes you find the cutest stuff and you just have to buy it!

Even though I feel like crap and I am driving Robbie crazy we are trying to stay focused on the prize - a real live human! I can feel like crap all day and then feel really good for like and hour and I stress that entire hour that something bad has happened. It is such an odd feeling. I find myself wrapping my arms around my portly belly (I say portly b/c it's size is just due to fat not baby right now) when I come around a corner at work because I am afraid someone will run into me and hurt it! It doesn't even have all its bones yet and I am already over protective.

I am sitting here realizing this entire thing is about me and Robbie hasn't really chimed in to add anything. I want to make it publicly known that I asked him if he wanted to add anything and he declined. He is a man of few words. Lately those words are, "did you poop?", "did you drink your water today?", "did you eat enough protein today", and "I told you not to come in here while I am cooking or you will get sick". Why don't I ever listen to him??

I figured out how to add pictures - the empathy suit one's are over there on the right!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I love you guys! Those pictures were hilarious. Handsome Rob is absolutely the comedic relief in this whole broadcasted experience :) I hope you're feeling better today. Drink an unimaginable amount of water and it will help with the pooping. Oatmeal in the AM is a plus too for that problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, you all are hilarious! I am sorry you are so tired. Just think of all of the good things going on in there that make you so tired! I hope you start to feeling better soon. Let me know when I can start sending you cute and random things too! Miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin - After our next visit, which will pretty much be at the end of the first trimester, we will probably kick our planning into high gear. I haven't read any of the books - robbie is way ahead of me! At that point I will expect nothing less than multiple hotdog inspired onesies!!

    ReplyDelete