Wednesday, February 10, 2010

7 Weeks

So, the journey begins. We've heard the theories, the wives's tales, the threats of bad luck for telling early. And you know what...we don't care! A heart beat was heard today and seen and it was amazing!! Even if "something" happens, we are so attached to our little "Boggie" it is unbelievable. I am in love with an 8mm beating organism. I think I actually heard it say, "hot dog" today on the US it was perfect!! If you haven't guessed...Robbie and I are pregnant!! We have decided to blog about our journey through the next 9 months to keep all our friends up to date and as a way to keep a journal of our upcoming adventures. Our cousin gave us this idea and we loved getting updates from her - thanks for the idea Brad and Rachel!! This blog will be honest. I may talk about some gross stuff but I think I should probably prepare some of my friends, that have not had the thrill of being pregnant, for what they have in store for them and their significant others!!

We are about 7 weeks along today and I was able to hear the heartbeat. It was really strong and I saw it flickering - it looked like a little fish with gills. I did get really excited because I saw something that looked like a head and the technician was like, "yeah, it doesn't have a head yet. that's the yolk sac". I wanted to be like "do human yolk sacs have a lot of cholesterol?" I didn't, I refrained from too many jokes - except the obvious Alien reference :). I also called Robbie immediately and my mom of course to exclaim, "It's alive!!!" - then I moved from less Alien to more Frankenstein!! Whichever movie comparison I chose it was wonderful - less scary of course!!

We did call our family yesterday and the number one question was, "how are you feeling?" The response..."fine". That basically doomed me. I had my first night of pretty consistent nausea and a headache like you wouldn't believe. I have never been a vomiter so I don't anticipate this happening anytime soon but I have run to the toilet a few times with some false alarms. Oddly enough the nausea, fatigue, and salivating are comforting. I feel like the worse I feel the better Boggie is doing!!

One thing that I worry about is that all the attention is on me and Boggie and I hope Robbie doesn't feel left out. He is pretty amazing I must say. He gets me whatever soup I want, buys baby books like crazy, and keeps me informed of things I should and should not be eating - he is my personal pregnancy coach!! My work offers a lot of classes and I can't wait for him to go! At our first OB appointment we received "our first diaper" and seeing him with that was pretty hilarious and touching at the same time. Oh, other side effect of pregnancy - uncontrollable crying. I cry all the time - just randomly for the most part.

Okay this is getting lengthy. I will save some for next week!! Well, wish us luck! We will keep you posted. Hopefully I can post the US pics tonight so you guys can see the little Boggie blob too!!

P.S. I never said I could write and if there are grammar issues...sorry. Robbie will write some entries so those will be better :).

1 comment:

  1. Oh Boggie - you are so cute already! I'm so excited! I am personally excited you are goin gto be honest, which will either deter me or move me towards having kids! Beyonce first, though, right Dena? :)

    ReplyDelete