Sunday, May 2, 2010

My love don't cost a thing!

So, 19 weeks and the baby is moving. Still pretty random but moving nonetheless and every kick makes me smile even more! The title of this blog is in reference to the baby's size. It is 6 inches long from head to rump, which is about the length of a dollar bill. I promise I googled it! That little baby could fit entirely in our hands - I'm glad it is still in there though cooking away!

So, what happened this week?? Well, I have been having some odd cravings. Number one I am obsessed with milk. I can drink milk like it is my job. I mean 8-12 oz of milk downed in about 2 minutes!! Before pregnancy I was borderline lactose intolerant and now I can't get enough of it. Don't even get me started about chocolate milk! That stuff is amazing. I can't believe I never drank it before. I think I would really like Cocoa Krispies but I refuse to even go there. The other bizarro craving I am having is spicy food. I usually hate spicy food. This weekend I was asking Robbie to find me some spicy curry. This morning I ate hot sauce on my eggs. I don't know what is going on! My cravings seem to wax and wane so I am sure this will be short lived. Case in point, I am not all that interested in pineapple anymore. I will eat it but I don't need it like before.

I also ventured head first into maternity wear. I have been wearing maternity pants now since about week 10 for comfort reasons so that I am used to. I did, however, wear a maternity shirt to work. The kind with the tie in the back and everything!! I can't believe it! I kept telling Robbie that I thought it made me look pregnant and he politely reminded me that I am pregnant. Sometimes you do forget. I swear. For those friends in the first trimester or beginning their second, there are times that I forget because I feel fine and I don't feel the baby moving. Then I get depressed because I wonder, "where did I get this gut?". Then I remember about the human being inside of me.

This week was also my 31st birthday. Thanks to all of you that helped celebrate with me, thanks for all the great cards, and thanks for all the gifts!! I am so grateful to have you guys in my life. This birthday was a little different feeling. I am usually pretty excited, although I deny it, about my birthday. I can't wait to see what Robbie will get me or where we will go. This year I didn't feel that way. This year my focus was on Boggie and the day could have come and gone and I would have been just fine. If I could have one thing for my birthday it would be a healthy, happy baby. That is all I can think about right now!

In the birthday cards we did get some money designated for the baby and we used that to buy a diaper bag - yes it was on sale and yes I did have a coupon!! Thanks Granny Lusetta!! We also found another crazy deal on diapers. I think Robbie is done with purchasing diapers for now. This box was on sale, I had a coupon, and inside it had $30 more dollars worth of coupons - that was the only reason he caved!! Slowly but surely we are accumulating the things we will need. Nothing too crazy, just the basics is my motto!

So we are one week, and some change, away from getting a sneak peak at our baby Boggie. May 11th is our ultrasound day and we are super excited. Our friend Kate will be there too to witness the event so no one thinks we are lying. We all know what kind of jokester Robbie can be. As the day comes closer we are trying to nail down the name options. I want to be able to start calling the baby by its name that day. Since it can hear I figure we might as well start teaching it in utero, right? One thing that is neat about the hearing thing. We went to the farmer's market last weekend and stopped to listen to a string quartet play - the baby went wild. I played some classical music in the car and nothing happened. Then, Robbie played his guitar and it started moving around again. I think we may have a little musician growing. I hope so. I love musicians - hey I married one!!

So, next post we will not be revealing the baby's identity but the week 21 post will have the goods! I am sure we will update FB and call folks right after we find out so don't worry!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great! I just wish I could be able there to see you guys as happy parents-to-be! Let me know if I can do anything in KY. I love reading the blog each week. Thanks for keeping us updated!! Love you guys!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary if you have a webcam and the program skype we can chat online and then you can see us!! I'm gonna send you an email about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! So excited for you both! I like reading your posts-- your fears/worries actually make me feel better (since I worry about the same things, too!). I am 14 weeks, 1 day today. I have a belly-- but still thinking it is because I have been eating more (and not caring about calories). It is still difficult to see a "true" baby bump. My clothes are tighter (and too small in most cases), but I'm still too small for maternity clothes and, so, I get frustrated about finding something that fits. Keep us posted on the gender of the baby-- Jimmy and I have put off name selecting until we know the gender (we find out June 2).

    Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan at Target they sell these things called belly bands. They helped my pants last longer until I was in maternity clothes. I also found under belly pants good early on - now I like the full panel better for some reason.

    ReplyDelete