Monday, May 10, 2010

And the verdict is...

Drumroll please...IT'S A GIRL!! As if you didn't already know from a telephone call, twitter, facebook, or the color change of the Blog! We are super excited and cannot believe we will soon be the parents of a beautiful baby girl!! Even better is the fact that she appears healthy and has all her necessary parts - two arms, two legs, two hands, two feet, strong heart, good umbilical cord, etc.! It was pretty amazing seeing our little angel bounce around. She was moving so much during the US. It is crazy because I feel the occasional kick and roll but I don't feel her nearly as much as she was moving. I am sure that will change soon :). I also gave her some chocolate milk before the ultrasound so that usually amps her up pretty good. We had a really great ultrasound technician that took her time explaining everything and didn't get frustrated when I interrupted her - it seriously says to not interrupt the US technician in the waiting room. She didn't seem to mind at all.

Robbie was there, of course, and our good friend Kate was able to be there too! It was nice having the support in the room. A little embarrassing when the tears started to flow within 5 seconds of the start of the US, but nice nonetheless. I think they were both pretty amazed too at how much she was moving and how formed everything looks! We were able to tap into their 3D technology a bit and she looks a little weird. The tech said she would look weird because she didn't have any fat on her yet. I thought, don't worry, if there is one thing I know how to do it is put fat on - me or a baby! I immediately went for more chocolate milk post-US!! We will post some of the pics today along with an updated belly shot.

This week marks the half-way point. We are 20 weeks along and doing great. I can't really complain about pregnancy after seeing that little girl in there waving her hands and kicking her feet. It really makes it all worth it. I will, however, keep with my original promise of this Blog and tell you what is going on symptom wise. So, nausea is a minimal factor. I do get nauseous in the morning and that is because I eat too far before I go to sleep and I refuse to get up in the middle of the night for a snack. I think my sugar is too low in the am. I think the biggest issue I am having is lack of sleep due to back pain. I will say yoga is my saving grace. It really helps when my back is flared up. I am adjusting to the lack of sleep oddly enough. I get a good solid 4 hours of sleep from 8-12 and after that it is usually touch and go. I just consider it one more way my body is trying to prepare me for the lack of sleep I will experience when the baby comes along. I haven't started waking Robbie up yet to prepare him, but that will come after about week 30 - he doesn't know that yet :).

I totally forgot! We have picked a name - Charlotte June Wagoner. Robbie wants to call her Charlie and I cannot refuse. I am pretty certain we will continue to call her Boggie every now and then.

A lot of people have asked us if we are registered anywhere. We have registries at Target and Babies R Us. They have a lot of stuff on them mainly as an organizational tool for me. We are going to add more cost friendly items and gender specific stuff now that we know what we are having - maybe this Sunday. We did take a trip this past weekend to IKEA and purchased a ton of stuff - dresser and crib included. I really think we are making progress! Soon, we will start getting the room together and we will post more pics as it progresses!

So, we will post another update on Sunday, as usual! Thanks for all the congrats we have received. We are so excited and cannot wait to welcome baby Charlie into the world!!

3 comments:

  1. I really can't tell you just how much I love the name you guys picked for her. Its fantastic :) Today was super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nickname Charlie! I have suggested that name for a little girl (if we have a girl, we like Caroline and think it works for that, too). Plus, my dad's first name is Charles. However... Jimmy doesn't like "boy" names for little girls. Maybe Robbie can convince him. I don't want a little girl that is too "prissy" and I think a name like Charlie can make her very well-rounded!

    Good luck with everything! We are thinking about you! We get our US on June 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for ultrasounds!! I told Robbie if we had a boy I liked the name Charles and he was like "no way I wanna girl with the nickname charlie!" I love the name Caroline too! To be honest we call eachother and our cats like 5 or 6 different names - who knows what will stick!

    ReplyDelete