Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy's Girl

Daddy's little girl is growing fast and with 14 weeks to go she is getting ready to meet her daddy face to face! We are 6 1/2 months pregnant today, she is about 1.75 pounds, and is about 14 inches from head to toe - the length of an English cucumber! She has really been kicking a lot the last few days too! My belly bounces more than it did when I was overweight and laughing!! What is hilarious is that I can be sitting quietly and she can be going crazy, kicks all over the place, I call Robbie over and she becomes silent! He walks away and she starts up again - the cycle is endless. I woke up a couple times this week to find his hand on my belly catching a few kicks without her, or I, knowing - so sweet!

This week has been uncomfortable. I feel like I was stretching a lot and I must have had a hormone boost because the nausea was back with a vengeance - I had to resort to Ginger Ale again a couple of times. Some things I read indicate that the first trimester woes reemerge during the third trimester - I say I have 2 weeks left of the second so leave me alone nausea and fatigue!! I have also been having crazy heartburn! This is coming from someone who was taking Tagamet at the age of 13 for an ulcer - my TUMS aren't even phasing this heartburn. Everyone at work says that means she will have a lot of hair. I say, duh! I am part Italian and I am extremely hairy - she will be hairy that is a given. I just hope she has a lot of hair but well groomed - I hope she avoids my unibrow!

Regarding the stretching, I feel like I am stretching width wise rather than depth. I do not feel like my belly sticks out any more than it did 2 weeks ago but I do feel wider. My weight gain is pretty normal, I just feel like I am carrying her more towards my back - resulting in more back pain. Thank you Charlotte! I don't know if this is true. We will take some belly pics this week and you can give me your thoughts! Speaking of weight gain...I will be so glad to get back to weight watchers when this baby is born! I try to make healthy selections but knowing that scale is moving up almost daily, definitely weekly, is hard to swallow. I have already picked out my meeting time and I am so ready to get this weight off! only about 4 months more to go and I can get back to running, losing weight, and counting my points!! I will say that I do love nourishing my little girl and when I really think about it, the weight gain is totally worth it. I can only imagine holding this sweet little baby in my arms will make me forget about the scale!

So, this weeks focus seems to have been the baby's room - or lack thereof. The inside construction has yet to begin. The leak, apparently, has been fixed but they still want to wait for rain. I don't understand this. We live in the desert and even in monsoon season rain is sporadic!! I am trying to keep calm. Robbie is handling this piece and I am confident he will take care of it...or pregnant, angry Dena will emerge and that will not be pretty. I have always had a strong need to have a plan or to be pretty organized and those feelings and needs have increased by 1,000,000% since becoming pregnant. I have this strong need to "get ready". I want the baby's room done yesterday, I want all the baby necessities purchased yesterday, and I want to know that if she comes any day we are ready for anything she throws at us - a tarp may be necessary. I just have this stronger than ever need to get things organized. People keep saying you have 3 1/2 months and it will be done. Realistically, I know this. I am not unreasonable, but this doesn't eliminate that intrinsic need to have everything in its place! With this said, I am still on a baby buying hold :(. No major purchases have been made in, I think, 2 weeks! I am thinking changing pad this week but we will see what I can slip by Daddy :).

Speaking of Daddy...Today is FATHER'S DAY! So there seems to be different opinions out there on whether or not it is appropriate to celebrate Father's day for the father of an unborn child. I say, of course it is. This is our daughter and she has a father. A father we both love very much and are so blessed to have in our lives. He takes care of her mommy which means he takes care of her. He provides food, shelter, and clothing for her - I guess the shelter is my gig right now and the clothes won't be necessary for a bit but he is still providing these things in theory. He sings her songs and kisses her (through my belly). He is her Daddy and she loves him very much. I say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Robbie! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Yo, I remember your doc saying peeps with heartburn can take certain heartburn medications (not Prilosec though :( ) Give her a call and ask if there's a better med to take b/c Tums is pretty useless for me. Pepto is amazing at the heartburn as well and they have swallowable caplets now! Check with the doc to ease your discomfort chica!

    PS, I can't wait til your landlord gets his roofing 'ish together so we can decorate Charlie's room!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - I think we could probably sit down and look at the bedding and see what route we want to go. I would rather have things ready to just put in place when he gives us the go ahead!

    ReplyDelete